Your body has an amazing potential to heal and protect itself. However, it must have the proper nutrients to perform these functions effectively. Diets common today often do not provide the essential “building blocks” for your body's healing, corrective, and protective functions. If you present with symptoms or conditions indicating that you may be lacking certain nutrients in your diet, Dr. Krohse may recommend dietary changes or the appropriate nutritional supplements to correct that nutritional deficiency.
Compass Chiropractic in Clive on the west side of Des Moines carries Standard Process Dietary Supplements. Standard Process makes whole food supplements from crops grown organically on their farms in Wisconsin's rich fertile soil. In their unique manufacturing facility, Standard Process continues the tradition of producing nutritional supplements which provide vitamin and mineral complexes, trace minerals and enzymes.
Correcting nutritional deficiencies can have many positive effects on the body, including
- Decreasing inflammation and pain
- Decreasing muscle tension and spasm
- Accelerating the healing and repair of injured tissues
- Decreasing fatigue
- Stimulating immune system function to prevent and treat colds and flu
- Decreasing stress, anxiety, and depression
- Promoting better quality sleep
- Improving allergy and sinus conditions
- Decreasing heartburn, bloating, gas, and acid reflux
- Lowering blood pressure and cholesterol
- Decreasing motion sickness, pregnancy-related morning sickness, and nausea
- Improving athletic performance